Clinica Zambetului (Smile Clinic) provides comprehensive dental treatments: restorative dentistry (fillings), root canal treatment (removal of the nerve), extractions, peridontal disease treatment, dental implants.
Dental hygiene is a routine dental procedure which should be done every six months in order to prevent cavities and periodontal disease. The procedure involves brushing with a small brush and a special paste which removes dental plaque and stains. Prophy jet or air flow provides a more complete teeth cleaning by spraying a special powder. Scaling removes tartar deposits from the base of the teeth or those accumulated mainly inside of lower teeth.
Dental fillings are the usual method of treatment for dental caries(decays). At Smile Clinic, fillings are professionally made, so the tooth can remain functional for many years. Then the tooth is restored by filling the canal with a special substance. We use the best materials including: Dycal (Dentsply, USA), Analiner (Nordiska, Sweden), Filtek (3M, USA), Charisma (Germany).
Root canal treatments involves removing nerves which have been damaged by deep decays or traumas. We use quality materials from Ultradent (USA), Septodont (France), Kerr (USA).
Extraction is the removal of a teeth that has become unrestorable (through deep decay or trauma). The procedure is painless, because the treatment is carried out under modern local anesthesia.
Teeth restorations include crowns (when a single tooth is damaged) and bridges (when more than one teeth missing). High quality of ceramic materials are used in our clinic for restorations. It perfectly combines the two essential requirements: durability and aesthetics.
Dentures are made when a large part of teeth is misses. The most common situation is the lack of back teeth making mastication very difficult. The other situation when the prosthesis is needed is the total absence of teeth. The prosthesis is made of acrylic. The color and shape of teeth are chosen accordingly with the patient’s needs for an enhanced facial appearance.
Involves different surgical procedures performed on the teeth, gums and bones or around the jaw.
Oral surgery include:
- complicated tooth extraction for teeth with deep infection, high or curved roots.
- wisdom tooth extraction when they cause repeated infections or a dental crowding.
- apicoectomy Typical problems that require apicoectomy are infections that occurred at the root tip – granulomas after previous endodontic treatment. Usually the procedure involves a new canal treatment associated with the surgical removal of the infection.
- cystectomy Old untreated dental infections can develop a cyst which tends to expand in the jaw bone. The cyst should removed throughout surgical procedures.
- treatments aimed to achieve a mobile prosthetic. Several old infections, multiple or complicated extractions may result in irregular painful areas in the jaw bone that impede a mobile prosthesis. In those cases, jaw bone remodeling surgery is indicated.
A single tooth or a number of missing teeth may be replaced either by bridges or dentures that binds to adjacent teeth or by dental implants. The main advantage of an implant is that the adjacent teeth will remain unaffected.
The Implant is a titanium “screw” designed to replace the root of a failed tooth. The “screw” is specially designed and manufactured under high sterilization conditions. It will be placed just like a tooth root. After a healing of 3-6 months, the implant will receive a post and the final crown/ prosthesis.